Medicare Assistance in Bend, Oregon
I have been helping baby boomers navigate Medicare including what’s covered — and more importantly what’s not covered – for several years. Instead of reading through 300-plus pages and being confused, come sit down with me and I’ll explain Medicare to you.
I will explain clearly to you how Medicare works and what things to be concerned about for your plan. For example, will Medicare cover your long-term needs, or how is your prescription drugs covered?
Looking for Help with Medicare in Oregon?
What Is Medicare?Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people with 65 years or older. Younger people with disabilities or those with permanent kidney failure also qualify for Medicare. The insurance program offers different plans covering specific services. These include:
- Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) – This covers hospital inpatient care or limited time at a skilled nursing facility (following an inpatient hospital stay).
- Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) – This covers certain doctors’ services, outpatient care, medical equipment, home health care and some preventive services.
- Medicare Advantage Plan Part C – This is a privately sold insurance option that combines all benefits and services covered under Part A and Part B (Original Medicare), with extra benefits like prescription drugs, dental, vision, hearing and others.
- Medicare Part D – This covers prescription drugs not covered by Part B, including many recommended shots or vaccines.
- Supplemental (Medigap) policies – This is a private health insurance policy that fills the gaps that Medicare fails to cover such as coinsurance and deductible expenses.
Why Would Individuals In Central Oregon Sign Up For Medicare?Enrolling for Medicare offers numerous health care benefits depending on your plan. Thanks to the program, many aging adults and people with disabilities in Oregon are able to receive quality health care that they otherwise wouldn’t even afford. If you have a Medicare Advantage plan, you get to enjoy all the Medicare program benefits of Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) as well as additional coverage at a minimal cost.
Medicare Insurance Agent in BendWith so many different plans available, it’s important to know which plan will give the right coverage. Fortunately, an independent insurance agency like Bend Insurance can be an excellent resource that helps you navigate the complex Medicare enrollment maze. It’s their job to communicate to you clearly so you get an understanding of what’s covered and more importantly what’s not covered. An independent insurance representative will get you the best coverage that fits your health care needs and your budget.
How Easy Is It to Adjust a Medicare Plan?
Beneficiaries are given an opportunity to reevaluate their coverage needs during the general open enrollment or Medicare Advantage open enrollment period. During this time, enrollees can pick a different Advantage plan or switch to Original Medicare. The annual open enrollment period runs from October 15 to December 7 while the Medicare Advantage open enrollment period runs from January 1 to March 31.
What are the Requirements for Medicare?
To be eligible for Medicare plan, an individual has to fulfill the following requirements;
- Be of the age of 65 or older
- Have a disability
- Have end-stage renal disease
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident
What Type of Customer is Most Likely to Need Medicare Help in Oregon?
All baby-boomers over the age of 65 who don’t have other creditable healthcare coverage, such as through an employer or spouse will most likely need to be signed up for Medicare. Good news is that you’ll be enrolled in Medicare automatically the moment you turn 65 if you are already receiving Social Security.
Are you looking to enroll for Medicare in Oregon and find the process overwhelming? Maybe you want to pick a different Medicare Advantage plan? We at Bend Insurance can help you understand all the options available to you so that you can make an informed decision on a Medicare insurance plan that is a good fit for you. Contact us for any questions with your Medicare coverage.
How Can We Help With Your Insurance Needs?
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you shortly.